Friday, June 6, 2008

Great news for writers

As a writer, I am very pleased to hear that a new book, "I Met a Greek Goddess in Nashville", self published by Kalpanik S., a previously unknown author made it to the "Hot New Releases" list on Amazon.com's Kindle Book store on June 5th, within three weeks of its publication.

"We are very pleased to see 'I Met a Greek Goddess in Nashville' achieve "Hottest New Release" within a few weeks of its publication." said Sonia Talreja, a New Media Consultant based in San Diego who is handling the publicity for the book. "This proves the power of the use of the New Media formats and platforms such as Kindle, Facebook, MySpace, Amapedia, YouTube and Google/ yahoo groups. We had exclusively used these for publicizing this book."

"I am a busy executive so I did not have time or energy to follow the time consuming publishing or publicizing methods" said Kalpanik S., the author of 'I Met a Greek Goddess in Nashville'. ". In place of spending my time contacting publishers and agents or sending copies of the books for book reviews, I decided to use the New Media formats, platforms and forums such as Kindle, facebook, Amapedia, MySpace and YouTube for publishing and publicizing my book. These have been instrumental in the success of 'I Met a Greek Goddess in Nashville.'"

"I was flattered when Kalpanik found me using facebook and approached me for this opportunity" said Christl René Snyman, the cover model for 'I Met a Greek Goddess in Nashville' and a resident of South Africa. "Every woman wants to be a Goddess, and this gave me an opportunity to be the Greek Goddess for thousands of readers. Facebook allowed us to collaborate on this project across thousands of miles and several time zones."

"What a delight to read! Very Entertaining though a bit whimsical. The humor is quickly addictive and the words flow so well that it's hard to put down." said Jim Pinto, author, speaker and Technology futurist. "The pictures lure you to continue reading - it is the story of a smart immigrant, a modern nomad who doesn't mind trading one job for another thousands of miles away, is willing to take risks, enjoys people and appreciates life as it comes."

The kindle and the print versions of the book can be purchased at Amazon.com or at the book's website (http://www.greek-goddess.org).

For more information on how Sonia and Kalpanik used the New Media platforms and forums to publicize the book, please call Sonia at 858 731 6225 or email her.

Writers can also pick up more than $3,000 worth of writing tools for free if they visit the Creative Writing Tips website at http://creativewritingtips.org/